There Are Many Ways to Serve
- Can you spare 15 minutes a month to serve others? St Vincent de Paul needs help collecting for the less fortunate. Fifteen minutes of time, after the Mass of your choice, once a month, is all it takes. Please say, "Yes, I want to help" by sending us an email using the form below.
- Volunteer a few hours a week, or a few hours a month to help others We have a critical need for more volunteers to help service our clients. Depending on your desires, there are many ways you can help.
- Join a trained Vincentian volunteer on home visits. Whenever we assist a client, we make a visit to their home to discuss their needs, provide assistance and pray with them. The Vincentian protocol specifies that two people should make the visit. Typically, the volunteer would be available one week per month to join in these client visits, which could include typically from 1 to as many as 10 visits per week.
- Help with Client Data Entry. We use a computer program to keep track of the clients we serve, but it can be time consuming. It would take maybe an hour or two a week to input client data.
- Volunteer at the food panty: The SVDP food pantry is on North Nebraska Ave, and distributes food on Mon, Wed, Fri 8-10 AM. There is a need for volunteers to help distribute food and/or help stock food on weekday mornings.
- Volunteer at the Thrift Store: The SVDP Thrift Store on North Nebraska has a need for volunteers in various positions.
- Assist with the SVDP Thrift Store Web Site: use an easy tablet APP to photo and list items for sale.
- Single Project during the year- We need help collecting and distributing Thanksgiving food and Christmas toys. Or perhaps you have a special talent you would love to share!